Sat, Sep 23|
Dallington, Lescon, and Bellbury Parks
InTO the Ravine Art Competition
Be inspired by the beauty of our local ravine to create your own art piece and submit it in person or online for prizes!
Time & Location
Sep 23, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Dallington, Lescon, and Bellbury Parks, North York, Toronto, ON M2J 1Y2, Canada
About The Event
Discover the hidden artistic gems of our local ravine in an immersive and creative event. Join us for a day of artistic exploration and celebration of the breathtaking beauty that surrounds us. This nature-based art competition is open to all ages and skill levels, welcoming seasoned artists, budding talents, and families eager to connect with nature through art.
Art Contest - September 9 - 23, 2023
Submit your art for consideration by doing one of the following:
- Fill in this form, OR
- Take a photo of your submission and email it to email@example.com with the Subject Line 'Art Contest Submission', OR
- Bring your art in person to Dallington Pollinators Community Garden on September 23rd from 2:30-4:30
Free Art Creation Stations - September 23, 2023 | 2:30 - 4:30 pm
Where: Dallington Park, Lescon Park, Bellbury Park
Join us in the parks of Don Mills Ravine where we will have three free art stations with materials set up with different activities at each park. These art stations for all ages include painting, decorating tote bags and drawing. Pop in at one or go for a walk and visit all three!
Throughout the event we will also be collecting submissions for the contest on the day of, so pop into any of the parks and make sure we get the picture of your art for consideration by our panel of volunteer judges.
What to create?
Create a picture of what wildlife, vegetation and park features would live in your dream park/ravine. What kinds of butterflies, flowers, or art would you want to see? The more creative, the better!
Where will the art stations be?
Join us at September 23rd at Dallington Park, Lescon Park, Bellbury Park to participate in free art stations from 2:30 - 4:30pm.
- Free Art Stations: Visit one or more of our free art stations and experiment with different mediums, and broaden your artistic horizons. Stations include: tote bags, painting, and drawing
- Exploring the Ravine: Enjoy a walk through our local ravine as you visit one or all of the art stations. Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, and scents of nature, drawing inspiration from the flora and fauna that call this ecological wonderland home.
- Open to All Ages: From young artists with boundless imaginations to seasoned painters with decades of experience, this competition encourages participants of all ages to join in the celebration of art and nature.
- Judging and Prizes: A panel of judges, consisting of our local garden volunteers, will evaluate the submissions based on creativity, technique, and connection to the theme. Exciting prizes will be awarded to the winners in each category based on age.
- Community Showcase: After the competition, all winning artworks will be shared on our social media for and posted on the website for everyone to enjoy. This allows participants to admire each other's work and fosters a sense of camaraderie among fellow artists.
- Nature Appreciation: Beyond the competition, this event serves as an opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of preserving our local ravine and the natural beauty it offers. We aim to foster a deeper appreciation for nature and its role in inspiring art.
Want more time to make your creation?
We will be handing out free art materials on Saturday, September 9th from 10:00-12:00 at the Dallington Park Community Garden. Come pick up your materials and have two weeks to work on your creation. Individuals are also welcome to use their own materials.
Frequently Asked Question
1. How do I submit my art for the contest?
Submissions will be accepted from September 9th to September 23rd at 4:00 pm - and fill in this form.
OR Take a photo of your submission using any art medium and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line 'Art Contest Submission' or bring your art in person to our Dallington Park station on September 23rd from 2:30-4:30.
Contest will be judged at 4:45 and art can be picked up at 5:00 or be coordinated at a later date.
2. What are the categories?
Categories will be divided by age including Children (ages 6-12), Youth (13-18), Adults (19+). A winner will be selected from each category for a prize with additional bonus surprises.
3. Can I use my own materials?
Yes, you are welcome to use your own materials or join us on September 23rd at Dallington, Bellbury and Lescon park where we will have art materials available.
4. Where can I get free materials?
Join us on September 23rd at Dallington, Bellbury and Lescon parks from 2:30-4:30 where we will have art materials available.
5. What mediums can I use?
We are accepting all mediums, if you are unsure or want to check if we will accept a certain medium you can email email@example.com.
If you have any additional questions about this event email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-746-0440.
Come together with fellow artists, nature enthusiasts, and families for a day of artistic enchantment. Let your creativity flow amidst the serene surroundings of the ravine and create art that celebrates the wonders of nature. Embrace the harmony of art and ecology in this unique event that promises to leave you inspired and connected to the world around us.